GitLab CI Improvements
What should be happening is the runner should strategically install the previous version (if it exists) from the relevant public repo, then install the version from the local repo. Instead, theres a common race condition meaning the public versions are the same as the newly pushed versions.
We should also have separate upgrade tests from the stable and the testing branches, so we can be certain that we won't break stable before deploying, but we can also pre-download the dependency packages needed in the images to save time and bandwidth, negating the need for a separate image.
- Versions older than the local repo installed for upgrade tests.
- Upgrade tests for stable and testing.
- Pre-downloaded packages in clean install.
- CI tidyup, ideally both major branches from the same version.
- Tests for mangled changelog entries in the build CI